Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Awesome Power of the Internet

What does a talk show host do when his guest informs him that he will not be able to participate in today's show, due to health reasons, a couple hours before the show? Answer, the host fills in. That's what we did this past week. My guest was hospitalized the night before the show, and communicated to me the morning of the show about his illness --- I was glad he did, and just didn't opt not to show up. We talked about the awesome power of the internet, on the show. Why it's important for us to become familiar with it, and all the things you can do with it. Almost all public information is now on the internet. I can check on how much my friend in Alaska bought his house for. We talked about blogsites and websites and buying goods at a cheap price. All this and more we talked about. I did this show because I sense in many of us, a reluctancy to use the internet, or for that matter to even purchase a computer, to build our community. I refuse to communicate (in writing) in any other way than through e-mail. It's quicker and cheaper, and you have a permanent record of your communications. How can you blame me? Believe me when I tell you the internet will be here for a while.

No comments: