Friday, March 17, 2006

Challenges Confronting the Hispanic Community


Nora Rivero will be joining me on this Saturday's (3/18) radio show. Nora will be accompanied by two guests. Nora is a community advocate for the civic and legal rights of Hispanics. Also scheduled to join me from Washington DC is Nataly Fani, (see article). I met Nataly about a year ago at a Hispanic meeting and was impressed with her insight and her energy. Nataly is my Micheal Jordan on addressing Hispanic issues statewide. (I hope Nataly doesn't mind the simile). Additionally, I've heard some good things about Nataly in our state capital. Nataly is a former Lobbyist and Organizer of CASA of Maryland. She is currently a Political Analysis for the Embassy of Venezula.

We know that the Hispanic community, and the African-American community experience similar social and political challenges, but there are some different challenges these groups experience. What are the challenges the Hispanic community confronts in Salisbury that we may not be aware of? I will ask the question, Are there Hispanic gangs in Salisbury? What role does the church foster in the Hispanic community? How can Hispanics and African-Americans align our forces to address our common problems. Aren't we better off addressing our common problems together? I am going to find out as much about this ethnic group as I can ------ and talk about working together ---- all this on Saturday on WJDY 1470 AM at 9:30 am.

No comments: