Sunday, September 09, 2007

HIV/AID in the African American Community...and our Women.

HIV/AIDS is ravishing our communities. Statistics show that in Maryland 79% of all cases are African Americans, in Delaware 66% cases are African Americans. African American women suffer from this disease much higher than African American men, and it comes mostly through heterosexual relationships. On the continent of Africa the statistics are much worst. This is not reported in the news. Called2Action discusses this topic this evening. My guest James Miller, an HIV/AIDS advocate at Charles Drew University in South Los Angeles is my guest this week. We will discuss this challenge that faces our community, why it's not in the media like it once was and what we can do to address this. Why African American women are affected my this so much. Is it a form of genocide, perpetuated by hate groups that have become more sophisticated in their manner of doing things? Something bothers me about what's happening here...and I'm going to keep this in the public eye. I need your help. Will you help me and others like James Miller? Time is running out. Doesn't the picture (in set) of this mother and her baby hurt your heart. We need you to help. In our churches, organizations, clubs and schools we need to factor this in as a high priority need in our community. Please Help.

No comments: