Sunday, July 27, 2008

Guide Right Program Keeps Young Boys Positive

All too often the good goes unnoticed. One such instance is the Kappa Alpha Psi's Guide Right Program. About 100 boys come together to play competive basketball and learn the skills of Basketball, with their parents in the stand, with the Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity at the helm. Recently I visited a few of their games and what I saw was amazingly good --- using basketball to teach life's best lessons. On one night the entire coaching staff from the University of Maryland Eastern Shore was present, giving the guys and their parents a lecture on what it takes to succeed. I also saw several high school basket coaches scoping out the guys. I love it, I love it, and the guys do to. This is an example of the good being noticed.

No comments: